Through fundraising, hosting events and promoting research and activities related to sustainability, External Relations (ER) is helping the University of Ottawa community in the fight against climate change.
Engaging donors and Alumni support in of clean innovation
The Executive Committee of the Board of Governors, committed uOttawa to creating a Clean Innovation Research Fund (CIRF). External Relations has exceeded this fundraising goal, with donors contributing $2.1M to date for initiatives related to climate change.
- $325,000 raised in 2019-20 for Positive Energy
- $420,000 raised in 2019-20 for research at the Smart Prosperity Institute
- $250,000 from the Jarislowsky Foundation donated in support of the Smart Prosperity Institute
- $52,000 from Robert Gorman (the first tranche of a $100,000 pledge)
External Relations hosted events related to climate change and sustainability
- Responsible investment workshop - October 22, 2019
- uOttawa Innovates - Software, scalable automation and sustainable energy - December 12, 2019
- Zero Waste 1010 Workshop - January 21, 2020