Welcome to the EcoNetwork!
How it works
What we ask from you
Before your first workshop, please...
- Sign up for our EcoNetwork newsletter
- Tell your colleagues and fellow university employees about the EcoNetwork program
- Think of any questions you may have about sustainability on campus and in your office, and write them down so we can try to answer them during the workshop
List of sustainability topics covered
- Reduction of paper consumption
- New recycling changes
- Energy use
- How to host a green event
- Water consumption
- Ethical procurement
- Managing waste responsibly
- Sustainable transportation
Green Tips for the Office
- Reduce Paper Usage
Send documents and memos electronically. If you must print, print double-sided.
- Use Reusable Cups Instead of Disposable Cups
North America uses 60% of the world’s paper cups (130 billion of them each year). Those cups require about 50 million trees and 33 billion gallons of water, which could sequester 9.3 million tonnes of CO2. Not to mention the landfill space they take up because most are non-recyclable. Stop the insanity – use a reusable cup.
- Take Public Transit
A train or bus requires much less energy per person than a single-occupancy automobile.
For more green tips, please visit our Sustainable Practices