Sustainable Food Programs
We are working to create a sustainable food system on campus that caters to the needs of our community while being sensitive to the social and environmental issues.
Increase the amount of local, organic, equitable, vegan, and vegetarian options on campus.
- In 2010, the University of Ottawa became Ontario's first bottled water free campus
- In 2013 the University of Ottawa became Canada's 7th Fair Trade Campus
- In 2016, Food Services introduced a vegan food station in the Dining Hall
- In 2017, the University of Ottawa received its Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certification
- In 2017, the University of Ottawa's Dining Hall received a 3 star rating by the Green Restaurant Association.