The University of Ottawa’s Sustainable Development Committee (SUDCOM) meets quarterly or as required to perform its functions at the request of the Chair, or five members of the Committee.
The purpose of the SUDCOM is to provide advice and insight to the University of Ottawa’s Administrative Committee on best practices pertaining to campus sustainability.
More specifically, the Committee on Sustainable Development:
- Assess sustainability issues and submit recommendations to the Administrative Committee;
- Suggest policies to improve the University of Ottawa’s performance in the Campus Sustainability Assessment Framework (CSAF);
- Create and manage projects that seek to improve sustainability on campus; and
- Create and manage volunteer based sub-committees oriented around sustainable development issues.
The committee is composed of:
- Five staff representatives
- Three faculty representatives
- Three student representatives
- Three external representatives
The Chairperson and the Vice-chairperson of the Committee will be elected by the members of the Committee.