The University of Ottawa’s Sustainable Development Committee (SUDCOM) meets quarterly or as required to perform its functions at the request of the Chair, or five members of the Committee.
The purpose of the SUDCOM is to provide advice and insight to the University of Ottawa’s Administrative Committee on best practices pertaining to campus sustainability.
More specifically, the Committee on Sustainable Development:
- Assess sustainability issues and submit recommendations to the Administrative Committee;
- Suggest policies to improve the University of Ottawa’s performance in the Campus Sustainability Assessment Framework (CSAF);
- Create and manage projects that seek to improve sustainability on campus; and
- Create and manage volunteer based sub-committees oriented around sustainable development issues.
The committee is composed of:
- Five staff representatives
- Three faculty representatives
- Three student representatives
- Three external representatives
The Chairperson and the Vice-chairperson of the Committee will be elected by the members of the Committee.
Adam Brown - Faculty of Science
Natalie Chalifour – Common Law
Gabbi Arkell - SFUO
Angela Plant - GSAED
Nicole Aitkins - CUPE 2626
Pierre de Gagné - Facilities
Homa Iraei - Office Risk Management
Daniel Spence - Parking and Sustainable Transportation
Brigitte Morin - Facilities
Sonia Vani – Faculty of Social Science
Diane Beckett - Action Sandy Hill
Michael Oster - Sustainable Living Ottawa East
Philip Mansfield - Carleton University
Jonathan Rausseo - Facilities
SUDCOM meeting notes
Meetings notes prior to 2014 have been archived and are available upon request.